Header

Trinder's Take: August 29, 2010

Charleston Southern middle blocker Amberle Trinder provides an inside look at the 2010 Lady Bucs volleyball season, beginning with the NCCU Tournament.

Friday, Aug. 27
Going into my senior year, I am filled with many emotions. I am happy that the season is finally here and I get to play volleyball, but also sad about this chapter of my life coming to a close.
I am so excited to start out our season at NCCU. Currently I’m in our van on the ride up to our hotel. I began thinking of the Lord and how he has helped the “underdog” in other situations. The story that first came to my head was David and Goliath. In 1 Samuel 17-18, the Lord helps David, a youth, to overcome all odds and defeat this huge warrior, Goliath, with just a sling and a stone. Goliath has a sword and a shield and size all on his side. This really hits close to the CSU Lady Buc volleyball team. We might not have all the money in the world, or all the height, but we have a lot of heart. The Lady Bucs also have Jesus on our side. Being a Christian university, we strive to bring Christ into all that we do.
I know I personally love that we try to integrate our faith in our everyday lives. I am coming off a slight knee injury and I know that through the power of prayer, the Lord is going to help me be strong and do my best for my team and for Him. I love that we can pray before every match and just have that sense of calm walking out onto the court, knowing that we are not just playing for ourselves, our school, or our team, but we are playing for Him. The Lord is so amazing in all that he does and I thank Him every day for the graces he has blessed me and my wonderful teammates with.
As we walked into the gym this morning I didn’t know what to expect. We have 6 new freshmen and a load of injuries to boot. Our first match started out a little shaky and ended in a loss. Coach had a great talk with us after our first game, I think that kick started us and helped us to believe in ourselves and to get back on track for our second match.

Tomorrow we have 2 more games and I know this team has what it takes to come out on top and do it with style, class, and some Jesus pride too!
Saturday, Aug. 28
Well, the weekend ended in somewhat of a disappointing manner. However, I am not upset. I think this weekend gave us insight into our strengths and weaknesses. I look forward to our practices this week to iron out the kinks, and to get better every day. Our next match will be at home on Tuesday, August 31. This will be an exciting match as well and I can’t wait to see what the Lady Bucs will do next!
Thanks for reading!
“Peace begins with a smile.”-Mother Teresa

0 comments: