Header

Buccaneer BasketBlog - Danielle Gibson - November 3, 2010


The women's basketball team will be providing fans a unique look inside the program as members of the team contribute to a weekly blog.

Hey Buc Fans!

What’s that I smell in the air? Basketball season! We officially start the season this Saturday, November 6th at 2 p.m. in the Buc Dome! I am so excited that the season is finally here. This past Saturday we got to scrimmage another team. It felt so good to finally play against somebody other each other. Even though it was a closed scrimmage and our fans were not there, we still approached the game like it was the real thing. This scrimmage helped us out a lot by getting us back to "game speed." Even though we practice "game speed" every practice, it always seems a little faster when the game actually starts. Not only did the scrimmage help us get back to "game speed," but it also allowed me and my teammates to mess up (Yes! I said mess up!) This is perfectly fine that we messed up because it gave us an opportunity to make all of our mistakes now so we can fix them and not let them cost us games in the long run. For the most part, our scrimmage went very well and our freshman also stepped up to the plate. I was very happy and after the scrimmage, we got to enjoy our victory with good old East Bay Deli (a restaurant that sells good subs.)

Because our scrimmage was at 2, this allowed me to go back and try to enjoy what little bit of a Saturday I still had left, and what greater way to do that other than the Fair! Charleston’s Fair is huge and not that far down the street from CSU. With all this being said, I grabbed a group of my closest friends, got dressed, and we went to the fair. I had a blast riding rides, playing games, and taking pictures. Not only that, but I must confess, I ate some great Fair food including funnel cakes and some other not so good food, and I LOVED EVERY MOMENT of it! It was a great way to end such a beautiful day. This has to be one of my favorite times of the year because the weather is starting to cool down, basketball season starts, and the smell of funnel cakes fall under my nose.
I always say that there is not enough days in a weekend because they go by so quick and before I know it, my weekend was gone. It's back to hard work for a couple more days before being able to relax for what seems like a split second. A test here and there, basketball practice and film, and practicing for my skit I have to perform later on in the week (I love acting class.) Busy week ahead of me, but that's ok because my busiest day is out the way (Monday) and Tuesday is an off day. Time to relax, wash clothes, and catch up on things. Before I know it, tip off will be here and the start to a great season will have begun. As I like to say GET BIG! It's all about Mission Possible.


Danielle Gibson #42

0 comments: