Header

Buccaneer BasketBlog - Anicia Dotson - January 7, 2011

The women's basketball team will be providing fans a unique look inside the program as members of the team contribute to a weekly blog.


I was counting down for Christmas break for about two months. I couldn’t wait to get back home to my family and friends. We played against Mercer University in Macon, Ga., the day before we went home for Christmas. We got a great win on the road!!! I rode home with my BFF Abby Poole. I know she was a little upset because she could have been home 3 minutes earlier, but she had to make a stop and drop me off.(HaHa) Like always, Abby always catches me when I do something stupid. On our entertaining trip home, I fell asleep with my mouth wide open and almost broke my neck when my head fell off the back of my seat. Of course Abby had to laugh at me. When I got home I ran and jumped in my momma’s arms. I was so happy to see her! She is truly the greatest inspiration and role model in my life. My brother was only home from Florida for a few days, but it was great to see him. Christmas is such a fun holiday for my family and you can always expect lots of fun, games and laughter when we all get together. My family tends to grow in numbers from one Christmas to the next, which makes playing games even more fun! Over the break I was also excited to see my friends, all though I spent most of my time with my mother and little brother. I was able to see my high school team play and practice with them. On Christmas morning I woke up and cooked breakfast for everybody. After breakfast we went to my grandparents’ house to exchange gifts. I was blessed with many things that I need for school like money and new shoes. We had a family dinner at the church and played a really fun game called the Wrights Family Christmas. Later on that day I went to eat at IHOP with my best friend Maranda. On our return to Charleston, Abby and I drove through snow-so beautiful! Time really flew by at home and before I knew it, it was time to return to Charleston to be with my other family, the CSU Buccaneer basketball team. I really missed my CSU family and I couldn’t wait to see them! Happy New Year!


Anicia “Nish” Dotson #33

0 comments: