Header

Buccaneer BasketBlog - Katie Tull - February 2, 2011


The women's basketball team will be providing fans a unique look inside the program as members of the team contribute to a weekly blog.


What's up Buc Fanssss!!

If y'all didn't have a chance to catch our Monday night game, let me just tell you about it! We had a super exciting win over High Point University. They always have a competitive team, especially this year. Playing in our gym is beyond fun and the amount of student support we get each game helps us bring out our best performance. This was a huge win for us and hopefully will give us some momentum heading into Saturday's game vs. the Gardner Webb Bulldogs (boooo). Saturday is also our annual "think pink" game where our school and program tries to raise awareness and support for breast cancer, and breast cancer survivors. It will be an exciting match up, and an even better cause to come out and be a part of! Classes are going pretty smooth so far for my teammates and I, however last week was the first week of tests so some prayers for those results would be greatly appreciated :)

So, I'm from Texas and I got a picture from my mom yesterday saying they were SNOWED IN and couldn't go into work (she's a school teacher). Seeing as my whole family, especially myself, hateee the snow, calling my mother to inform her i was wearing shorts and a t-shirt in beautiful Charleston today was pretty entertaining! I heard a rumor that it was ground hog day, although my sources could definitely be pulling my leg....however, IF today is that special day, let's all pray for the beginning of spring time!

Thanks to all of our fans and supporters, your presence in our program means so much to us. Check out the website to see how our game goes Saturday, and definitely be cheering us on if you get the chance!! Hope everyone has a blessed week.....MP :)

Katie Tull

0 comments: