Header

Buccaneer BasketBlog - Abby Poole - October 19, 2010

The women's basketball team will be providing fans a unique look inside the program as members of the team contribute to a weekly blog.

What’s up Lady Buc fans?!
This week was a different week than most for our team. Fall break here at CSU started on Wednesday afternoon at 5pm. That means Thursday and Friday we just have to go to basketball practice and weights, whoo hooo. Coach told us Tuesday that if our Wednesday, Thursday and Friday practices were all good and everybody was going hard that we would get Saturday off. Also, this week we started real full blown practice (2+ hours) which takes a lot of focus to get through amongst other things, but so do games.

For me personally this week was a very special week because I had a one-year anniversary with my boyfriend, Andrew White. Thursday once practice was over I was able to get dressed up and go enjoy an amazing dinner at my favorite restaurant in Charleston (The Boathouse on the Isle of Palms) and exchange gifts. He is a special part of my life.

Back to basketball…I want to let all of you know that in my years of being here at CSU we have never had a team practice this hard or be as vocal as we are during practice. I am very pleased with the effort that we as a team are giving to get better day after day. Sunday we were challenged with getting the Perfection Drill in 6 minutes and we did it on the first try! This was a major achievement for us, but it is only one little piece that will make us better come game time. Friday after practice Lakeitha and I put together our warm-up CD to get us pumped up and ready to play a game. Saturday night, a bunch of us girls went to the Boone Hall haunted house, maze and hayride. Some of the girls just did one or the other while a few of them did the maze and the haunted house. I was told that Shay Jones was the most scared and didn’t even want to go through the maze but was pulled in by our teammates. : ) Well, that pretty much sums up another great week of Lady Buc Basketball. I hope all of y’all have a great week and we hope to see you in the Buc Dome on November 6 for our first game!!!

MISSION POSSIBLE BABY!!!!

 - Abby Poole #14

0 comments: