Header

Buccaneer BasketBlog - Lydia Johnson - October 26, 2010

The women's basketball team will be providing fans a unique look inside the program as members of the team contribute to a weekly blog.

Hey Buc Fans!


If I must say so, fall is by far the best time of the year. Here in Charleston that weather is starting to cool down, football season is well under way, and basketball games are coming up fast!

So far basketball practice has been tough. Coach Goodenough has been teaching us new plays (well, they are new to the freshmen) and new defensive sets. She has been challenging us all mentally and physically for our scrimmage this Saturday and for the season ahead. I have been very impressed by the all of the freshmen’s ability to pick up on new things and run with them. I think they will definitely help us accomplish all of the goals that we have set for this year. Nothing is impossible for the 2010-2011 Buccaneers.

This past weekend I watched what seemed like a lot of football. I think it seemed like so much because I was standing on the sidelines. If I had gotten to play it would be a different story. This fall I was assigned to Stratford High School as my clinical site for my Athletic Training major. Thursday night I watched the B-team and JV team bring in wins. The B-team game went into overtime which eventually caused me to miss the CSU Fall Festival. But that was fine with me because the B-team won. From what I hear, the Fall Festival was a lot of fun. My teammates all dressed in our travel suits and enjoyed riding the mechanical bull and some great music and cheers. Friday I had the opportunity to see some CSU men’s basketball alumni play in an alumni game. Some of the men who looked “older” could still move up and down the floor really well and made the younger guys look bad. It was fun to watch everybody on the floor and in the stands have a good time with one another. Saturday morning we had the privilege of sleeping in and practicing at 7:45 AM. After practice we watched our CSU Buccaneers face off with VMI for the homecoming football game. But that was only part of the reason that we watched the game. Katie Tull had the traditional duty of passing down the crown to the new homecoming queen. (Yes, Katie was our school’s homecoming queen last year.) So we were all there to support her.

So those were the highlights of this past homecoming weekend. It was a lot of fun and excitement on campus for our team and student body. But I cannot wait until we start playing games, because that is when the real fun starts.

Lydia Johnson #30

0 comments: